Effective November 1st, 2019, China RoHS will have two new ways to comply to their China RoHS standard. China RoHS, much like European RoHS, is used in China to confirm products being imported into China do not contain hazardous materials. Prior to this announcement, China RoHS was voluntary. Now, China RoHS will be officially required for the following twelve (12) product categories.
Product Category List
- Air Conditioners
- Washing Machines
- Electric Water Heaters
- Fax Machines (including all-in-ones)
- Microcomputers (including all-in-ones, tablets, and handheld computers)
- Mobile Communication Handsets
The twelve product types noted above must not contain the following substances, which are banned substances in China:
- Lead and its compounds
- Mercury and its compounds
- Cadmium and its compounds
- Hexavalent chromium compounds
- Polybrominated biphenyls
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers
- Other hazardous substances regulated by the State
There are two ways of obtaining China RoHS Certification. The first route is through China’s certification bodies, and the second is for manufacturers to self-declare through the Supplier Declaration of Conformity (SDoC).
The compliance process through China’s certification bodies will be like China CCC Certification.
- Initial Factory Inspection
- Type Testing/ Sample Testing
- If products pass testing, a Conformity Declaration is provided
- Annual Audits for follow-up surveillance are required to keep China RoHS Certification valid
Below is the new China Certification Body China RoHS Mark:
The Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity (SDoC) can be obtained by either the manufacturer themselves, or an authorized representative registered in China. G&M Compliance can provide these representative services. RoHS test reports from a third-party lab (can be outside of China) will be required for this scheme.
Below is the new China SDoC China RoHS Mark:
For additional information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714-628-1020