Taiwan has implemented the following two (2) new standards, which will be compulsory beginning January 1st, 2024.
|CNS 13438 (IT)|
CNS 13439 (AV)
|CNS 14336-1 (IT)|
CNS 14408 (AV)
New Certification for Taiwan BSMI:
- For new applications, products can be tested to the new standards now.
- The customer has the option to test to the current standards, but the certificate will only be valid for three (3) years (when certificate expires). If the customer anticipates renewing the certificate, retesting to the new standards are required within the three-year validity period.
- Internal power supplies will also require certification to the new standard. If the power supply is certified to the previous standard, the certificate will expire December 31st, 2023.
Taiwan BSMI Certificate Renewal:
- Before January 1st, 2024, one’s Taiwan BSMI Certificate can be renewed to the previous standard with no additional testing.
- After January 1st, 2024, additional testing to the new Taiwan BSMI Standard is required for Taiwan BSMI Certificate Renewal
For additional information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714-628-1020
Comments are closed.