Beginning October 1st, 2020, India TEC has advised the following products will require India TEC Certification:
- Transmission Terminal Equipment (SDH Equipment,
- These products are defined as products used in telecommunication transmission networks. These products are used for the transmission of digital signals using technologies like SDH/SONET. Products like transmitters, multiplexers, digital-cross connect (DXC), and DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) interfaces like STM 1, 4, 16, 64 & 356, OTU 1, 2, 3, 4 are covered under the scope of TEC Essential Requirements for Transmission Terminal Equipment.
- PON Family of Broadband Equipment (PON ONT, PON
ONU, and PON OLT)
- These products cover the wide range of FTTx products, including Passive Optical Network Terminal Unit (PON ONT), Line unit (home unit) (OLT), Network Unit (ONT).
- Feedback Devices
- These devices works on customer feedback mechanism, collecting the data and passing it on to the server by cellular/non-cellular connectivity. Feedback can be manual or from sensors or machines as well. These devices require cellular/non-cellular LPWAN connectivity (like devices operating on LoRA, Sigfox, NB-Fi Protocol, GSM, WCDMA, LTE).
Applications for testing and certification telecommunication equipment for Phase Two products can be submitted on the MTCTE portal beginning June, 25th 2020.
For additional information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714-628-1020