Information Technology and Audio/Video equipment manufacturers will need to prepare for this important transition. Products affected:
- Computing & networking products: servers, PCs, routers, power supplies, notebook & laptop computers, etc.
- Consumer electronics: amplifiers, home theater systems, digital cameras and music players, etc.
- Displays: monitors, TVs and digital projectors, etc.
- Telecommunication products: network infrastructure equipment, phones and similar communication devices, including battery powered products
- Musical instruments
- Audio/video, information & communication technology equipment: devices used in homes, schools, data processing centers, commercial and professional environments
Starting December 20, 2020, UL/CSA/IEC/EN 60950 and 60065 standards will be withdrawn. UL/CSA/IEC/EN 62368-1 will replace the previously mentioned standards. Manufacturers should start understanding the new Hazard Based standard and be prepared for transitioning their product certifications to the new standard. G&M can offer guidance and expertise to ensure a smooth transition.
For additional information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714-628-1020