EN 61010-1 3rd Edition was published in July 2011, and although it does not take effect until October 1, 2013, every Lab/Measurement Equipment manufacturer should be aware of it by now. Goods shipped to any country in the European Union must comply with the 3rd edition as of October of this year.
Some of the most important changes of the standard include:
• Scope expansion to include both professional and non-professional products
• Rewritten insulation requirements of section 6.7
• Additional requirements for protection against mechanical hazards
• Surface temperature limits modified to match those of EN 563
• Radiation requirements now take into account the difference between intended and unintended emissions
• New requirements regarding Risk Assessment
• New methods for reducing the pollution degree of a micro-environment
For more information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714.628.1020
Comments are closed.