India is set to bring in some regulatory requirement for IT products !!
Government of India Gazette “Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsary Registration) Order 2012” of date September 7, 2012 under S.O 2357E details the product categories covered under this scheme, the method of obtaining registration etc.
It is important to note that, presently:
1. In-country testing is mandated at BIS recognized Laboratories
2. CB reports and certificates are not accepted
3. Testing laboratory cannot submit for registration
4. Manufacturer or his Authorized Representative must do this submission
5. Products must meet the Indian Standards (IS) published by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
6. EMC is not a mandatory requirement unless the safety standard mandates EMC compliance.
You may download the complete details, Click here