Challenges Obtaining and Maintaining CEL Certification
Obtaining CEL certification can pose the following challenges:
- Locating and communicating with a competent test laboratory
- Submitting application and uploading certification documents to CEL website
- Understanding the rules for the product type, and how that affects variants within a model family
- Certification laboratories make little effort to resolve product operating deficiencies during testing.
- Test samples are delayed in shipping, or get stuck in China customs
- Product operating details are not well translated to Chinese test lab
How Can We Help?
G&M Compliance’s Beijing office was established in 2005. We utilize the following practices to achieve a fast and efficient certification experience:
- China office maintains contact with several laboratories, and are continually assessing which provides the most value to customers
- G&M China office can assist with the application process, and will upload proper documentation to the CEL online system
- Develop a product type test plan that maximizes certification coverage of current and future variants within the model family.
- We troubleshoot sample issues at the test lab if necessary, to keep the process moving forward.
- Assist in shipping samples, and maintain good relationships with customs clearance agencies to expedite the clearance process
- Rely on China team’s experience to communicate directly with customers and minimize communication gaps.
G&M Compliance has operations in the U.S. and China to ensure your product utilizes the most effective test plan and moves through certification efficiently. Our compliance experts understand the technical requirements necessary to minimize the risk of failure, and stay updated on ever-changing regulations.
For more information, additional questions, or to request a quote – Please submit an online RFQ, Contact Us, or call.
For electrical products, depending on the type of equipment, certifications other than CCC may be required for China. Among these are SRRC for wireless products, CEL for products that have energy requirements, CCIS for products requiring information security certification, and NAL for equipment connecting to the public network. More detailed information can be found by clicking on the links to these specific services. For more information about what certifications are required for your product please contact us.
Mark – No Certification mark required, but an energy label must be provided, and is commonly checked to clear customs.
In-Country Representation – Not required
In-Country Testing – Required
Expiration Details – No expiration of CEL Certificates
Continuing Surveillance – Factory inspections are not required. Market surveillance is possible if a product is sold retail.