Challenges Obtaining and Maintaining SRRC Certification
Obtaining SRRC certification can be tricky, and delays can occur from not going in with the right test plan, or having the right support equipment for testing. The following are preventable issues that can cause delays:
- Initial test plan not designed to leverage base model or wireless module to the full extent
- China frequency allocations are not known for wireless product’s application
- Products are not sent with the correct test software
- Certification laboratories make little effort to resolve product operating deficiencies during testing.
- Test samples are delayed in shipping, or get stuck in China customs
- Product operating details are not well translated to Chinese test lab
- Certificate expirations cause unexpected lapse in coverage
How Can We Help?
G&M Compliance’s Beijing office was established in 2005. We utilize the following practices to achieve a fast and efficient certification experience:
- Develop a test plan that maximizes certification coverage of current and future products based on product type, and wireless module type.
- Determine proper frequency range(s) and power limitations for China market depending on product’s application. Verify restricted frequencies are disabled, and available power is limited before product is shipped for testing.
- Communicate testing requirements in advance, and work with module manufacturer if necessary to ensure a valid test protocol can be simulated at the China test lab.
- We troubleshoot sample issues at the test lab if necessary, to keep the process moving forward.
- Assist in shipping samples, and maintain good relationships with customs clearance agencies to expedite the clearance process
- Rely on China team’s experience to communicate directly with customers and minimize communication gaps.
- Track and alert customers of upcoming renewals of SRRC certificates, with G&M’s Certificate Alert and Tracking System (CATS)
G&M Compliance has operations in the U.S. and China to ensure your wireless product utilizes the right application, the right testing process, and moves through certification efficiently. Our compliance experts understand the technical requirements necessary to minimize the risk of failure, and stay updated on ever-changing regulations.
For more information, additional questions, or to request a quote – Please submit an online RFQ, Contact Us, or call.
For electrical products, depending on the type of equipment, additional certifications other than SRRC may be required for China. Among these are CCC for many types of electrical products, CEL for products that have energy requirements, CCIS for products requiring information security certification, and NAL for equipment connecting to the public network. More detailed information can be found by clicking on the links to these specific services. For more information about what certifications are required for your product please contact us.
Mark – No Certification mark required. CMIIT ID number is required to be marked on the product.
In-Country Representation – Not required
In-Country Testing – Required
Expiration Details – SRRC Certificates are valid for 5 years after which time they need to be renewed. The subsequent renewal period is valid for 3 years, after which the product must be -re-submitted as a new product for testing. Renewal is generally a paperwork transaction with no need to send samples. For more information on tracking certifications please see our CATS page.
Continuing Surveillance – Factory inspections are not required. Market surveillance is possible if a product is sold retail, but is not common.