Challenges Obtaining and Maintaining CRS Certification
Obtaining CRS certification can require significant documentation, and delays can occur from not providing or understanding what types of documentation to submit. The following are all preventable issues that can cause delays:
- Filling out forms incorrectly
- Certification agency requiring product documentation that is difficult to produce
- Changes in the CRS scheme can affect existing products
- Certificate expirations cause unexpected lapse in coverage
How Can We Help?
We utilize the following practices to achieve a fast and efficient certification experience:
- There are many forms to complete for CRS certification. We have the experience to get the right information in the right places
- Some product documentation may be difficult to acquire. We negotiate with the certification agencies to keep the documentation requirements down to the bare essentials
- We track changes in global certification schemes to keep our customers abreast of the latest requirements
- Track and alert customers of upcoming renewals of SRRC certificates, with G&M’s Certificate Alert and Tracking System (CATS)
G&M Compliance has the experience to move your product through certification efficiently. Our compliance experts understand the technical requirements necessary to minimize the risks, and stay updated on ever-changing regulations.
For more information, additional questions, or to request a quote – Please submit an online RFQ, Contact Us, or call.
Mark –Certification mark required.
In-Country Representation – Required
In-Country Testing – Not required
Expiration Details – CRS Letters of Authorization are valid for 3 years after which time they need to be renewed. The renewal process is simple, and requires minimal paperwork. If the CRS validity period is allowed to lapse, reinstatement requires re-submittal of the product as if it were new. For more information on tracking certifications please see our CATS page.
Continuing Surveillance – Factory inspections are not required. Market surveillance is possible.