GB17625.1-2012 Electromagnetic compatibility-Limits-Limits for harmonic current emissions (equipment input current ≤16A per phase) has been released by the Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China on Dec, 31th, 2012.
It will take effect to replace GB17625.1-2003 on July, 1st, 2013. The related product category for China Compulsory Certification (CCC) includes: Electric power tools; Household and similar electrical appliances; Audio, Video and similar electronic apparatus (not including stereo system for broadcasting or automobile); Information technology equipment; Illumination device; Telecommunication terminal equipment.
Requirements of carrying out new version GB17625.1-2012 for China Compulsory Certification:
1. From now until July 1st, 2013, the applicant can choose GB17625.1-2012 (hereinafter refer to as “the new standard”) or GB17625-2003 voluntarily. From July 1st, 2013, certificate should be issued according to the new standard.
2. Certificate holders whose product is certified according to GB17625.1-2003 should submit the application for the change of standard before the next follow-up inspection, and take differential test to make the product in conformity with the new standard. The certificate for the change of standard required to be accomplished by July, 1st, 2014, otherwise, the certificate will be suspended, and finally will be withdraw by Oct, 1st, 2014.
3. Test item and Category.
Electric power tools; Household and similar electrical appliances; Audio, Video and similar electronic apparatus (not including stereo system for broadcasting or automobile); Information technology equipment; Illumination device; Telecommunication terminal equipment should be tested according to the new standard.
4. According to the decision sheet (DSH) of the change of standard GB17625.1, GB13837 by TC10 expert group of CNCA (hereinafter refer to as “TC10 memo”), two ways of test can be chosen to accomplish the change of standard. One is to do differential test in labs designated by the certification body, and the other is to provide the supplier’s declaration of conformity by qualified manufacturers.
5. Sampling requirements
For the first way, to do the differential test in labs designated by the certification body, one sample of the main test model is required, and the requirement of covering series is in accordance with the sampling notification.
6. The manufacturer is required to provide supplier’s declaration of conformity in accordance with the new standard and the manufacturer/factory’s(including manufacturer/factory OEM/ODM product) test report issued by their own labs . The laboratory should have new standard test qualification in conformity with ISO/IEC 17025, and approved by the accreditation body with ILAC mutual recognition agreement. The test report should conform to the requirement of certification body.
To assure the change of standard successfully accomplished, the clients should contact relevant product certification department before application and submit the application for the change of standard after the confirmation of labs qualification. In addition to necessary material and information, there are the following requirements:
1) The product declaration of conformity for the new standard, the form is shown in attachment 1;
2) Manufacturer’/factory’s qualification proof of test abilities of their own labs.
3) Manufacturer’/factory’s documentation (it is necessary when the labs are affiliated companies).
4) The test report issued by manufacturer’/factory’s lab, which should meet the requirements of CQC.
According to TC10 memo, the clients using supplier’s declaration of conformity to accomplish the change of standard, need to accept the sampling inspection.
For more information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714.628.1020