Amendment No. 2 (March 2015) to IS 13252: 2010/IEC 60950-1: 2005 Information Technology Equipment – General Safety Requirements has been issued. This amendment has been notified via Gazette Notification dated May 20, 2015 with date of establishment on May 14, 2016.
As per DEITY notification (Gazette), all products under BIS mandatory list certified under IS 13252: 2010/IEC 60950-1: 2005 will require re-certification to include Amendment No. 2 by December 31, 2016. This requirement is not grand-fathered so all affected certificates and reports will need to be submitted for re-certification.
Guidelines and Requirements:
– Existing registered BIS certificate holder must submit one base model to BIS registered lab for re-testing by December 31, 2016.
– For complying to Amendment +A2 of IS 13252 (Part 1): 2010, the following tests must be conducted:
1. Capacitors Bridging Insulation (Clause 1.5.6)
2. Protection of VDRs (Clause 18.104.22.168)
3. Bridging of Basic Insulation by a VDR (Clause 22.214.171.124)
4. Use of Graphical Symbols (Clause 126.96.36.199)
5. Voltage Under Fault Conditions (Clause 2.2.3)
6. Functional Earthing (Clause 2.6.2)
7. Humidity Conditioning (Clause 2.9.2)
8. AC Power Supply Cords (Clause 188.8.131.52)
9. Multiple Power Sources (Clause 3.4.11)
10. Stability (Clause 4.1)
11. Batteries (Clause 4.3.8)
12. Materials for Components and Other Parts Inside Fire Enclosures (Clause 184.108.40.206)
13. Voltage Dependent Resistors (Annex Q)
14. Insulated Winding Wires for use Without Interleaved Insulation (Annex U)
15. Evaluation of Integrated Circuit (IC) Current Limiters (Annex CC)
Click here for more information on our India BIS Certification services.
For additional information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714-628-1020.