The process of obtaining CCC Automotive certification generally includes the following 6 steps:
1. Application: Submit CCC Application Package (description form) to CCAP/CQC.
2. Testing: A sample request will be issued after CCAP/CQC accepts the application. G&M Compliance will assist the manufacturer in shipping product samples and arranging testing in a designated test laboratory in China.
3. Initial Factory Inspection (2 days): CCAP/CQC will send a team of two inspectors from China to inspect the manufacturing facility (the final assembly location).
*Factory inspection can be conducted before the testing is complete (only for automotive products)
4. Evaluation: The test report and inspection report will be submitted to CCAP/CQC for review to determine if CCC certification is granted or not.
5. Approval of the CCC Certificate: The CCC certificate will be granted to the manufacturer if no discrepancies were found.
6. Product Marking: Mark Printing Application must be submitted to CNCA to apply Mark Printing Approval.
*Mark labeling requirement, see CNCA Rule for your product
*For brake hoses, printing letters “CCC” instead of the CCC Logo is allowed
7. Follow-Up Factory Inspection (1 day): Manufacturing facility must be audited by CCAP/CQC every 6-12 months.
Learn more about the CCC Automotive certification process with the following resources: